Higuain dropped by Milan ahead of Chelsea move

October 27, 2019

cxvhjcui

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgGonzalo Higuain has been left out of Milan’s squad to face Genoa, with head coach Gennaro Gattuso effectively confirming the Argentina striker has decided he wants to join Chelsea.Higuain came off the bench during the second half of the Supercoppa Italiana defeat to Juventus last time out – a decision Gattuso attributed to the player suffering from a virus.He was not listed when Milan tweeted their 23-man travelling party for Monday’s match at Stadio Luigi Ferraris and, at a subsequent news conference, Gattuso questioned Higuain’s professionalism and insisted recent speculation had taken its toll with Milan managing two wins in their past eight outings. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? “I want to be honest with you all. We had a poor training session today due to all these rumours,” Gattuso said.”We spoke after the training session and I did not consider him [Higuain] ready for this game.”I accept his decision. Surely he could have done more and maybe we could have helped him fit in better.”Right now we have to work with professionalism and determination, all these rumours have not helped us lately and we have to look ahead.”I am more worried about how to transmit calmness to the players and how to field the best team. Tomorrow [Monday] we will be without four players and I am a bit worried. We have to put it aside and play with enthusiasm.#GenoaMilan squad-list: Suso is back and available for the away game at MarassiRientra @suso30oficial: è nei 23 convocati per la trasferta col Genoa pic.twitter.com/KZ2HGWAS2p— AC Milan (@acmilan) January 20, 2019Higuain joined Milan on an initial season-long loan deal in August, with Milan having the option to buy him outright for €36million.That part of the transfer was assumed to be a formality but an underwhelming return of six goals in 15 Serie A appearances – and one since the end of October – leave the 31-year-old bound for a reunion with his old Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri.Chelsea lie fourth in the Premier League, although Sarri lambasted his players in the aftermath of Saturday’s 2-0 London derby loss to Arsenal, accusing them of lacking motivation and a strong mentality.Eden Hazard cut a forlorn figure when selected once again as the Blues’ central attacker – a role Higuain is expected to step straight into with Sarri seemingly reluctant to start Olivier Giroud and having left Alvaro Morata out of his latest matchday squad. The Spain striker has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid.During his final season under Sarri at Napoli in 2015-16, Higuain set a Serie A scoring record with 36 goals in 35 top-flight appearances.last_img read more


Port Clyde Bridge to Open in July

October 22, 2019

vpobzyxe

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgWeather permitting, the Port Clyde Bridge, Shelburne County, will open to traffic by the long weekend in July. “The bridge site is very exposed to the elements,” said Roger Larkin, western district director, Department of Transportation and Public Works. “Earlier this spring, wind prevented workers from using the cranes and rain prevented them from welding.” Work on new supports for the bridge is nearly done. The deck structure was built at the Dartmouth site of Saltech Atlantic Ltd. It was then transported to Port Clyde and is now in place. Remaining work includes the approaches, guardrails and painting. Some of this work may continue after the bridge opens. The Port Clyde Bridge will be the first of its kind in the province. The 90-metre, state-of-the-art, single-span bridge has a fibreglass-wrapped deck, designed to provide more protection against road salt and weather.last_img read more


MR insists no rift with brothers as top three get on one

October 8, 2019

oitzpead

Tagged: , , , , ,


He also said that he was glad that Gotabaya Rajapaksa accepted the invitation to attend the event. Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa today insisted that there was no rift between him and his brothers as the three top Rajapaksas got on one stage.Rajapaksa was speaking at an event held at the headquarters of Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) which was attended by former Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa and former Minister Basil Rajapaksa. Mahinda Rajapaksa said that there was clear unity among his brothers to take forward the ‘Mahinda Chinthanaya’ policies. He said that the joint opposition showed what it can do at the last local council elections in February and was not preparing to face its second innings. (Colombo Gazette) read more