Amish barn fire claims more than 200 calves

April 20, 2021

cxvhjcui

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_img Pinterest Amish barn fire claims more than 200 calves WhatsApp IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market Previous articleSouth Bend man sentenced to 16 years in prisonNext articleMichigan voters set a record for turnout in primary election Tommie Lee Facebook Pinterest By Tommie Lee – August 6, 2020 0 285 Google+ (Photo supplied/Flickr Creative Commons) More than 200 calves died in a barn fire Wednesday night.WSBT reports the fire started around 4:30 p.m. in the 59,000 block of State Rd. 13 south of Middlebury.Firefighters battled the flames for more than two hours. The owner of the Amish barn and his children were inside when the fire began, but escaped without injury.The building was a total loss. Google+ Twitter WhatsApp Facebook Twitterlast_img read more


Rousseff and Pele Add More Shine To the Opening Ceremony

December 20, 2020

tvjnjbvv

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgBy Dialogo July 17, 2011 The presence of the President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff, and the greatest soccer player of all time, Edson Arantes do Nascimento, otherwise known as Pelé, on July 16th Saturday afternoon at Engenhão stadium helped demonstrate the importance of the 5th Military World Games taking place in Rio de Janeiro until July 24. “I had no doubt that this event would be great, but it’s not every day that two figures of this caliber can be seen in the same place,” said Pimentel Mauricio Prado, a lawyer and whose girlfriend – an Army private – is participating as an athlete in the Games . In the grandstand, located in the center of the stadium, several military officials from several countries could also be seen in addition to other important political figures such as Minister of Defense Nelson Jobim, Minister of Sports Orlando Silva and the governor and the mayor of Rio de Janeiro, Sergio Cabral and Eduardo Paes. Engenhão stadium was packed and there were no reports of unrest or disorder.last_img read more


Government to table in several crime and security-related bills at Parliament on Tuesday

September 26, 2020

vppeeukb

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_img Share Share Share Tweet Sharing is caring!center_img 16 Views   no discussions LocalNews Government to table in several crime and security-related bills at Parliament on Tuesday by: – October 24, 2011 Prime Minister Roosevelt SkerritThe Prime Minister of Dominica, Honorable Roosevelt Skerrit will on Tuesday table in a number of bills at Parliament which will seek to make amendments to the existing policy on crime prevention and control on the island.The Prime Minister says that these amendments will address issues relating to crime and violence on the island, one of the many concerns raised recently by the Ministry of National Security, Immigration and Labour.The Prime Minister made the announcement during his address at the 30th Police Training Course Graduation Ceremony at Morne Bruce last week.“We will be going to Parliament next week and we will be passing several bills and also amendments. We intend to take to the parliament the money laundering prevention bill, the suppression of financing of terrorism amendment bill, the financial intelligence unit bill, the financial services unit amendment bill and the firearms amendment bill”.The Dominican leader says government has already put in place a number of systems aimed at increasing surveillance and security at Dominica’s air and sea ports.According to him, regional leaders are currently placing security at the front burner, and Dominica is no exception and the government will continue to do all in their power to ensure that the island remains crime-free and peaceful.“We have had to implement new systems at the Registry as it relates to the issuance of birth certificates which costed the government in the region of two million dollars. We also have the introduction of machine-readable passports; we’ve had to increase surveillance and security at the airports. We also just contracted the purchase of border control system costing well over two million dollars.”The Prime Minister said that increased security around the island will also be one of their prime strategies as it relates to the reduction of crime or crime-related activities on the island.Just last week thirty six police officers joined the ranks of the Commonwealth of Dominica Police Force. Mr Skerrit challenged the Chief of Police to work with the government to fill vacant positions in the Police Force. “I have noted that you have twenty one (21) vacancies within the police force and I would like to receive a recommendation for us to fill those twenty one (21) vacancies as soon as practically possible. Because we appreciate the fact that we need to have more officers on the streets of Dominica to ensure we can help protect our citizens and this country.”The Dominican leader believes that while no country may be able to completely obliterate crime, strategies must be developed to minimize it. The challenges, he says, can also be crucial for any given country, regardless of their economic status.“Policing has increased challenges and from where I sit with access to intelligence briefings, not only from the police service here but regional and international intelligence gathering agencies. It tells me that we have tremendous challenges and it’s important for us to appreciate the challenges it places on the financing of the state.”Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more


Gallery: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium

December 18, 2019

tvjnjbvv

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgNelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, was the scene for England’s nerve-wracking first-round breakthrough match on 23 June. The first of South Africa’s 2010 Fifa World Cup stadiums to be completed, it was officially opened on 7 June 2009 – a year before the tournament. Before the World Cup it had already hosted a British and Irish Lions rugby match, a Soweto derby football match between top local teams Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs, and a football international between Japan and South Africa.For the World Cup the stadium has a capacity of 46 000 seats, and is host to five first-round matches, one second-round, one quarter-final, and the third-place play-off.All photos courtesy Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality On 11 March the first football match ever played in Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium pitted the Frankie Schoeman Invitation team against the Mayoral Invitation team.Download high-resolution image 30 April 2009Download high-resolution image 30 April 2009Download high-resolution image 2 May 2009Download high-resolution image 2 May 2009Download high-resolution image 7 June 2009Download high-resolution image 7 June 2009Download high-resolution image 11 June 2009Download high-resolution image 11 June 2009Download high-resolution image 11 June 2009Download high-resolution image 11 June 2009Download high-resolution image 11 June 2009Download high-resolution image 25 July 2009Download high-resolution image 25 July 2009Download high-resolution image 25 July 2009Download high-resolution image 25 July 2009Download high-resolution image 25 July 2009Download high-resolution image 3 August 2009Download high-resolution image 3 August 2009Download high-resolution image The Japanese and South African squads enter the field before the stadium’s inaugural international football match on 14 November 2009.Download high-resolution image The Japanese squad before the stadium’s inaugural international football match on 14 November 2009.Download high-resolution image Japan and South Africa play the stadium’s inaugural international football match on 14 November 2009.Download high-resolution image Japan and South Africa play the stadium’s inaugural international football match on 14 November 2009.Download high-resolution image Japan and South Africa play the stadium’s inaugural international football match on 14 November 2009.Download high-resolution image Bafana Bafana supporters at the stadium’s inaugural international football match on 14 November 2009.Download high-resolution imageMORE GALLERIESlast_img read more


ICC reprimands Ponting fined for rage episode

November 28, 2019

uhmjiwcm

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgAustralia captain Ricky Ponting was on Wednesday fined 50 per cent of his match fee by the ICC for smashing an LCD TV during the Australia versus Zimbabwe match in Motera on Monday.The incident occurred shortly after Ponting was run out in the match when he caused some damage to a television set in the team dressing room. The damage occurred when he threw down a piece of equipment which bounced off his kit bag and hit the corner of the television.Ponting accepted the charge and the proposed sanction from ICC match referee Roshan Mahanama after an incident was brought to the ICC’s attention through the Board of Control for Cricket in India and the Gujarat Cricket Association.  He was found to have breached clause 2.1.2 of the ICC Code of Conduct which relates to “abuse of cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings during an international match”.last_img read more


Videos: John Calipari Loses His Mind, Has To Be Restrained After Being Ejected Under 3 Minutes Into Game

October 27, 2019

jgyicxwf

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgJohn Calipari restrained by Kentucky players after getting ejected.Twitter/@CardChronicleJust 2:26 into today’s game at South Carolina, John Calipari absolutely lost his mind. The Kentucky coach was enraged by a call, and had to be restrained from going after a referee. Naturally, he was ejected from the game after receiving double technicals, sending the South Carolina crowd into a frenzy.Coach Cal losing his mind. pic.twitter.com/JWRb8rqPgB— Andrew Holleran (@andrewjholleran) February 13, 2016Has to be the earliest ejection of Cal’s career, right? pic.twitter.com/fhM1O30x2c— Mike Rutherford (@CardChronicle) February 13, 2016 Kentucky leads South Carolina 11-10 early on, but they will be without their head coach for almost the entire game. Upstart South Carolina is no slouch this season, either, especially at home. We have a very interesting one brewing at Colonial Life Arena this afternoon.last_img read more


Art Gallery of Ontario names new top curator

October 15, 2019

rcfvxfgk

Tagged: , , , , , , ,


last_img


Govt sleeping while Chhota Modi looted crores Cong

October 12, 2019

rcfvxfgk

Tagged: , , , , , ,


first_imgNew Delhi: Charging the government at the Centre, which is led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi of, ‘inaction’ against Nirav Modi despite evidences that are available in the public domain, the Congress on Friday questioned as to what was stopping the NDA government from taking action against the fugitive diamond merchant.Addressing a press conference on Friday, party’s national spokesperson Pawan Khera said, “Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who claims himself as ‘Desh ka Chowkidar’, and his government slept and snoozed while Chhota Modi (Nirav Modi) looted crores, fled the country, posed with the PM, globe-trotted the world, opened a new diamond business in London which have a Panama Papers Connection.” Also Read – How a psychopath killer hid behind the mask of a devout laity! “It’s a very simple question for the government as if the Congress can expose this entire chain of events, why the same cannot be done by premier investigative agencies of the Modi government even after 14 months of his escape?” Khera asked. “Nirav Modi, who escaped the country in January 2018, travelled the world until November 2018. Even after his passport was revoked in February 2018, he travelled to at least six countries — UK, UAE, Hong Kong, France and Germany,” the Congress leader said. Also Read – Encounter under way in Pulwama, militant killedExposing Nirav Modi’s new ventures, the Congress leader said, “The evidences now establish that Nirav Modi opened a new company called ‘Diamond Holdings’ in the UK on May 24, 2018.” According to official documents, Diamond Holdings deals with wholesale of watches and jewellery, retail sales of watches and jewellery in specialised stores and specialised design activities, he said. As per the documents, the fugitive diamond merchant is currently living in Centre Point apartment tower on Companies House and the registered address of the company is 4th floor, Scottish Provident House, 76/80 College Road, Harrow. “According to the title deeds, the apartment was shockingly bought for £7.95 million in cash on January 5, 2018, which make it clear that Nirav Modi had fled on January 1, 2018, with almost £8 million in cash,” he said. Interestingly, on January 23, 2018, PMO, PIB and MEA had tweeted a photo of a business delegation comprising of Nirav Modi and others with Prime Minister.last_img read more


Its official There will be no AAPCongress alliance

October 12, 2019

mbhyqapg

Tagged: , , , , , , ,


first_imgNEW DELHI: After much speculation and back-door talks, the AAP and Congress have finally decided against any alliance.While the Congress will announce the list of candidates by Saturday, the AAP said the party can fight alone and defeat BJP and Congress in Delhi. “AAP wanted to have an alliance in other states also which is not practical. Every state is different,” Congress in-charge for Delhi PC Chacko said during a press conference. The leader further said that the Congress would announce the seats either on Saturday or Sunday but added that they are still open for an alliance in Delhi. “We will announce the seats tomorrow or day after tomorrow. If they are ready for an alliance in Delhi with Congress, we are ready even today,” he said. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c detailsThe Congress’s reaction came hours after AAP’s Gopal Rai said that the Jananayak Janata Party (JJP) has entered into an alliance in Haryana for Lok Sabha elections. “JJP will contest on 7 seats and AAP will contest on three seats in Haryana,” he said. For an alliance with the grand old party, Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal’s party demanded Gurgaon, Faridabad and Karnal seats — three Haryana constituencies in the National Capital Region (NCR) — in return for giving up on major Delhi seats.last_img read more


Hurricane Jose Advisory Number 22

September 17, 2019

tvjnjbvv

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,



first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppUnited States, September 10, 2017 – Miami, FL – JOSE BEGINNING TO WEAKEN AS IT CONTINUES NORTHWEST….At 500 PM AST (2100 UTC), the center of Hurricane Jose was located near latitude 22.8 North, longitude 66.9 West.   Jose is moving toward the northwest near 16 mph (26 km/h). This motion is expected to continue tonight with a slowing of forward speed on Monday.Jose will begin turning toward the northeast Monday night, followed by a more eastward motion on Tuesday.   On the forecast track, Jose will remain well to the east of the Bahamas for the next couple of days.  Maximum sustained winds have decreased to near 120 mph (195 km/h) with higher gusts.Jose is a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.    Additional weakening is forecast, but Jose is forecast to remain a hurricane during the next couple of days.Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 40 miles (65 km) from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 160 miles (260 km).  The estimated minimum central pressure is 956 mb (28.23 inches).HAZARDS AFFECTING LANDSURF:  Swells generated by Jose are affecting portions of the northern coast of Puerto Rico, and will begin to affect Hispaniola, portions of the Bahamas, and the Turks and Caicos Islands over the next couple of days.   These swells are likely to produce high surf and rip current conditions. Please consult products from your local weather office. Related Items:last_img read more