Police detain two men in relation with Donegal mans murder in Glasgow

May 27, 2021

vpobzyxe

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_img 448 new cases of Covid 19 reported today Google+ By News Highland – January 19, 2012 Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Twitter Pinterest Pinterest Google+ WhatsApp Previous articlePringle will not return Leader’s Allowance until government spending is reformedNext articleHead of Comhaltas welcomes Derry Fleadh bid News Highland News Facebookcenter_img Twitter Facebook Police detain two men in relation with Donegal mans murder in Glasgow RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson WhatsApp Two men have been detained for questioning by police in connection with the death of a Donegal man outside his home in Glasgow.57-year-old William McKeeney, was attacked in Melville Street, in the Pollokshields area of Glasgow, at around 12.40am on Sunday as he walked home from a night out.Strathclyde Police said that Mr McKeeney was subjected to a “sustained and violent” assault.He was taken by ambulance to the Victoria Infirmary where he died from his injuries.Earlier this week police said Mr McKeeney’s partner has been left “completely traumatised” after she witnessed the attack from a window of their ground floor flat.Officers have detained two men for questioning in connection with the death. No further details were released.Mr McKeeney, who was originally from Malin Head, was “extremely popular” and “well known” in the local community.The labourer had been living in Glasgow for the past five years. Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Help sought in search for missing 27 year old in Letterkenny last_img read more


White Smoke Coming Out from Capsized Golden Ray

September 28, 2020

tvjnjbvv

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgWhite smoke started coming out from the capsized car carrier Golden Ray in St. Simons Sound near Brunswick, Georgia, late last week.According to an October 20 statement from St. Simons Sound Response, Unified Command response crews managed to stabilize the source of white smoke and “will continue to closely monitor the situation throughout the evening with a safety boat and a tugboat equipped with firefighting equipment.”Air monitoring around the vessel and in the community has shown no signs of impact. The established 150-yard safety zone around the Golden Ray remains in effect and commercial traffic has not been affected by this incident, the authorities explained.The cause of the smoke is unknown at this time.Earlier in October, the Unified Command said that lightering operations of the forward fuel oil tanks onboard Golden Ray were completed, with more than 225,000 gallons of fuel having been removed. Lightering of the remaining fuel and lubricant tanks continued.So far, more than 250,000 gallons of fuel have been removed from the overturned vessel. There are more than 400 people involved in the response with 80 vessels.The Unified Command is currently developing plans to remove all of the Golden Ray’s hull, components, and cargo by disassembling the vessel in place as maritime experts engaged in the response determined that it is not possible to safely right and refloat the vessel in a fully intact condition.The Hyundai Glovis-operated car carrier started listing heavily after it became disabled in early September in St. Simons Sound near Brunswick, Georgia. Of the 24 persons on board, 20 were evacuated immediately while the remaining four were extracted in a subsequent operation. The vessel was carrying about 4,000 cars bound for the Middle East at the time.last_img read more


East Bengal pick ISL bid documents, Mohun Bagan mulling

November 19, 2019

fmgwynbf

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgKolkata, May 17 (PTI) East Bengal today picked the bid documents to buy an Indian Super League franchise while Mohun Bagan were expected to follow suit. “We have collected the (Invitation to Bid) documents in Mumbai. But this does not guarantee our participation. We can not take a plunge in the sea without assessing whats on offer. We will study it and then details will follow,” East Bengal general secretariat Kalyan Majumdar said. Mohun Bagan general secretary Anjan Mitra said theyre yet to decide and the “discussions are on”. However, a source closely tracking the development said they have been in discussions for three months. “They know what ITB holds for them. Its about making the call,” he said, saying “two international clubs from Europe have also shown interest in ITB and had discussion with ISL office.” Football Sports Development Limited, the ISL organisers, have floated the tender through Invitation to Bid on May 12 and the deadline for submission of documents is May 25. One to three teams can be chosen to take part in the ISL from this season. PTI TAP PDS AHlast_img read more


18 days agoEx-Liverpool star McMahon backing move for Leicester ace Maddison

October 28, 2019

vpobzyxe

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,


first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Ex-Liverpool star McMahon backing move for Leicester ace Maddisonby Paul Vegas18 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Liverpool star Steve McMahon thinks James Maddison would fit into Jurgen Klopp’s system at Anfield.The Leicester City star has gained plenty admirers over the last 12 months, including Manchester United.And McMahon thinks his former club should go after the talented playmaker.”I just wonder, there comes a time and this is no disrespect to Leicester, I wonder if Maddison will make a decision like Maguire and think do I go for the medals, do I go for the cash,” the Reds legend is quoted by the Express.”I don’t think he’s going to be at Leicester for a long, long time. I really don’t.”I think Maddison has another level to go. I think there’s a top team, if it’s not Liverpool then United maybe, they’ll be in for him. He can only get better.”Jurgen loves up and at them players, 100 per cent, non-stop work rate. He knows his full backs can create a chance, the space and can go for an overlap.”I don’t see Maddison sitting on the bench [at a big club]. Say he comes to Liverpool, I’m not telling James Maddison to leave, but if I’m Klopp I would be looking to sign a player.”He’s young, he’s English, he’s got a lot going for him. He changes the tempo of the game, why wouldn’t he get in Liverpool’s midfield?”Henderson has been getting replaced for ever with Milner, Keita has not come on leaps and bounds, Fabinho is the holding midfield player.”There’s a position there for him. If he came and he knuckled down, and he got his work ethic sorted, I see no reason why he wouldn’t fit in.” last_img read more


Auction of mayors stuff will get a surprise sequel

October 13, 2019

uhmjiwcm

Tagged: , , , ,


first_imgPHILADELPHIA — An estate sale at the home of polarizing former Mayor Frank Rizzo went like gangbusters over the weekend — and just after it wrapped up, an additional treasure trove of personal items was discovered in the attic, including phone numbers for Frank Sinatra and Richard Nixon, the agent in charge of the sale said Monday.About 40,000 people came through the estate sale, which started Friday and wrapped up Sunday afternoon, said John Romani, who runs Sales by Helen with his mother.Many were police officers and firefighters and ordinary citizens who came to pay their respects, to chat with Rizzo’s son Frank Rizzo Jr., and maybe leave with a trinket or two, he said. Photographs, sweat shirts, suit jackets and Christmas decorations all went.“To a lot of people it was a pilgrimage, an opportunity to say goodbye one more time,” he said. Lots of selfies were taken in the bedroom, he said.Top sellers were Rizzo’s single-digit license plate ($5,000) and Rolodex ($2,500), bought by the same man, who all told spent about $11,000, Romani said.“They really wanted anything with his name on it,” he said. “If it had his name on it, it sold.”A number of billy clubs were up for grabs and went for $1,250 to $1,500, but none was the one the tuxedo-clad Rizzo stuck into his cummerbund when he was police commissioner during a disturbance at a housing project in the 1960s, immortalized in a photo.Rizzo’s wife, Carmella, died in July at age 101, and the family wanted to sell the house and clear it out.Philadelphia has long tried to reconcile the complicated legacy of Rizzo, who served as mayor from 1972 to 1980 and who died in 1991.His friends, family and fans remember him as a devoted public servant unafraid to speak his mind. His detractors saw his police force as corrupt and brutal and said Rizzo alienated minorities both as police commissioner and mayor.After the estate sale wrapped up Sunday, Romani said people going through the house stumbled upon about 20 boxes in the eaves of the attic, containing what Romani called a treasure trove: Rizzo’s gold watch, more Rolodexes (including one with Frank Sinatra’s number), his signed oath of office from 1971, his passports, a gun permit and an unopened box of cigarettes from Air Force One.Also found was what Romani calls Rizzo’s “little black book.” The well-worn booklet has handwritten contact information that reads like a who’s who of the 1970s, including Richard Nixon’s phone number.Romani estimates about 50 to 100 historically significant items were found after the sale wrapped up.The priority now, he said, is selling the home in the city’s leafy Chestnut Hill section. It’s on the market for $1.695 million.The newly discovered items and some of the pieces that didn’t get snapped up in the estate sale will now head to auction Jan. 29 at Uniques & Antiques in Aston, Pennsylvania, he said.Kristen De Groot, The Associated Presslast_img read more


Kema Experiences at Beatton Provincial Park

October 13, 2019

jigkvdfc

Tagged: , , , , , ,


first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The first Kema Experience in a park is being celebrated by the Doig River First Nation and BC Parks at the Beatton Provincial Park.The meaning of Kema, ‘a good place in nature’ is an innovative space that empowers people to feel rooted, connected, transformed, and energized through the fusion of contemporary art with Indigenous culture. From Friday, July 12th, 2019 at 11 am through to Monday, July 15th, 2019 at 4 pm join a the Beatton Provincial Park for this first of its kind family-friendly event.  This event is a way to begin a journey towards reconciliation shares the event organizers through learning a greater understanding of Dane-zaa culture, values and practices.The Kema Experience is said to engage the whole family through multi-sensory and interactive exhibits by learning, inquiring and playing as you explore the Dane-zaa culture.Organizers suggest participating each day to see, hear, smell, or experience something different as you wander throughout Dane-zaa structures and one-of-a-kind exhibits.To view the FB Event page; CLICK HERElast_img read more


Elle refused to watch sister on Friends

October 12, 2019

oitzpead

Tagged: , , , , ,


first_imgLos Angeles: Actor Elle Fanning has revealed she decided to boycott ‘Friends’ after she could not clear the audition for a role in the cult show and her sister Dakota made the cut. In an interview with the PorterEdit, the 20-year-old actor said, “I might be remembering this wrong but I think I was gonna be one of Phoebe’s triplets. I auditioned for it but I didn’t get it and I was like, ‘I’m boycotting the show, I’m never watching this again’.” Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: Priyanka”Then my sister was on it and I refused to watch the episode. I was like, “I am not watching this!” she added. The very popular series – ‘Friends’, which started airing in 1994, was a worldwide phenomenon and even today, continues to have a large fanbase. The show, which features Hollywood celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer, enjoyed a decade long run on NBC. There were reports that the cast will reunite once again.last_img read more


Spain strives to ensure ratification of Morocco EU fisheries agreement official

October 12, 2019

fhkgvbws

Tagged: , , , , ,


first_imgMadrid  –  The Spanish government is making “every effort” to ensure that the fisheries agreement between Morocco and the European Union (EU) will be ratified next week by the European Parliament (EP) said on Wednesday Spanish Secretary of State for the Environment, Federico Ramos.“The Government attaches great importance to this protocol and is making every effort to ensure that the European Parliament will approve the agreement on December 9,” said Ramos to the Commission on Agriculture of the Spanish Senate (Upper House of Parliament).The Spanish official said his country wants the entry into force of the agreement “immediately” after its ratification so that Spanish fishermen would resume their fishing activities in Moroccan waters. Concluded for a period of four years, the new agreement will enter into force upon the completion of the internal procedures in the two sides, including approval by the Moroccan and European Parliamentslast_img read more


Football Hooker looking to overcome injury before 2017 NFL season

September 28, 2019

fhkgvbws

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,


Former OSU safety Malik Hooker speaks during the 2017 NFL Combine in Indianapolis on March 5. Credit: Ashley Nelson | Sports DirectorINDIANAPOLIS — The Malik Hooker success story at Ohio State was nearly complete. The former three-star recruit, replacing 2016 second-round NFL Draft pick Vonn Bell, took full advantage of his opportunity, intercepting seven passes and returning three for touchdowns in the 2016 season. His performance propelled the safety up NFL team draft boards.But on Nov. 26, during the Buckeyes’ 30-27 overtime win against Michigan, he injured himself, requiring hip labrum and sports hernia surgeries. Despite his rising draft stock, Hooker never considered skipping the Fiesta Bowl.“That was never a thought,” Hooker said at the Indiana Convention Center on Sunday during the NFL combine. “Just because I put too much work in with those guys. It would be like I’m letting them down.”He said the injury hurt, but joked about taking six ibuprofen tablets prior to his team’s bowl game. “As the game went on, it was something that I wasn’t paying attention to. I was just going out there trying to compete and get the win for the team,” Hooker said.Hooker had surgery on Jan. 16 and looks to return for rookie minicamp in July. He did not need to have the procedure done but opted to since he felt he would be fully recovered for rookie minicamp. “I just felt like, in order for me to go out there and compete with the best of the best in the National Football League, I felt like it was what was necessary because I wasn’t 100 percent or nowhere near it. I was probably about 78 percent,” Hooker said.Due to his recent surgery, teams were unable to check on Hooker’s leg. They focused on his upper body instead, according to the safety.Though he said he played through the injuries without much worry, NFL teams might proceed with a much more cautious approach. In ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.’s latest mock draft, Hooker is projected at the seventh overall pick. Last year’s seventh pick, San Francisco 49ers defensive end DeForest Buckner, earned a contract guaranteeing him over $18 million.Hooker believes NFL teams should overlook his injury and focus on his play at OSU.“I wouldn’t really pay no mind into that,” Hooker said. “Just simply because the film says what it says.”Hooker isn’t alone at the combine. He, along with seven former teammates including defensive backs Marshon Lattimore and Gareon Conley, are in Indianapolis. But unlike Lattimore and Conley, he will not take part in on-field drills and workouts.With the triumvirate of former starting OSU defensive backs heading to the NFL, three starting spots in the Buckeyes defensive backfield open. Hooker believes the replacements will be special once again next season.“It’s the culture of the program. We build, we reload,” Hooker said.The combine wraps up on Monday as defensive backs, sans Hooker, work out on the field. The 2017 NFL Draft will begin on April 27 in Chicago. read more


Suspected getaway driver in Mountain View Park double homicide pleads not guilty

September 17, 2019

htxauoum

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,



first_img Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Ashlie Rodriguez May 15, 2018 Suspected getaway driver in Mountain View Park double homicide pleads not guiltycenter_img Ashlie Rodriguez, SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The suspected getaway driver in the gang-related shooting deaths of two men at Mountain View Park in San Diego pleaded not guilty Tuesday to special circumstance murder charges that could lead to the death penalty if he’s convicted.Shannon Bryant, 29, was ordered held without bail in connection with the May 6 deaths of 33-year-old Tony Jackson and 37-year-old Robert Brown. Both were shot in the chest from close range about 1:20 p.m., police said.Earlier in the day, Jackson had been involved in a confrontation with a second suspect, 28-year-old Elliot Williams, on nearby Ocean View Boulevard, Deputy District Attorney Ted Fiorito said.Bryant and Williams met up and Bryant drove around the area four times before stopping at the park where the shootings occurred, according to the prosecutor.After the murders, Bryant sent a news article about the shootings to Williams and told him to delete it, Fiorito said.Ammunition found in Bryant’s residence was consistent with ammunition used in the murders of Jackson and Brown, the prosecutor said.Williams — the alleged shooter — was in custody on an unrelated matter when he was booked on suspicion of two counts of murder, felon in possession of ammunition and a special circumstance allegation of multiple murders. His arraignment is scheduled Thursday. Posted: May 15, 2018last_img read more